Friday, September 30, 2005

ITS ALL GOOD... no really it is!

You know...I do lots of complaining, not really but ...When I sit back and really evaluate my life and "how I'm living" everything is G-O-O-D! I have no one to thank for that but God, the man, or woman (as Common or Andre 3000 might be proned to think), above. Everytime a door is closed another one is opening up right in front of me. This year has brought some heartache and dissapointment but I know that I'm brink of something simply spectacular, and thats WITH or WITHOUT any organization or person holding me down. Who got my back like I do? Sure there are definitely people in higher places looking out, but it's me against this world and I do plan to conquer it with my integrity in tact. People can be grimey and often times will do anything to be at the top, but I could never do anything that I wouldn't want my momma' to know about. Everything I accomplish and will accomplish will be off of my OWN merit, granted there is nothing wrong with networking and knowing the right people but that's just a part of life. I love Jesus, however I'm no "Bible Thumper" if anything I need to get right in alot of aspects of my life but I do believe His Word is true. A few weeks ago when I was just feeling down and out like I had no friend in the world my mother called me, I truly believe it was a God sent phone call because I actually answered even though I hate the phone. It's something about a mother's word, I tell you...she made me realize that whether or not I was the object of any man's affection or whether or not any organization decided that I was good enough to be apart it that I was still OKAY. It doesnt matter who loves me or who hates me for that matter, because there is STILL ONE THAT WILL ALWAYS LOVE ME...and that's God. I am the apple of HIS eye, and he's the ruler of the world. I've never been an ultra-spiritual person but that's something real and tangible...I can feel and see the evidence of his love all around me. I admit I am that girl who's always looking for true love, but honestly I've already found it...well, it found me...and it's been there the WHOLE TIME! It almost brings me to tears when I think about His goodness. When I look back over the last year of my life, I have accomplished soooo much and the only thing I can attribute my success to is God and my momma for speaking life into me. Just today, as I was on the shuttle to campus there was a bus filled with people talking about MY ARTICLE...I didnt even say anything but I was so proud that the things that I wrote had such an affect on people that they would have a full blown discussion about it. I hope the world is ready for me, because there is soooo much yet to come from Yasmine Harema Parrish. I'm a little girl about to do really BIG things...until then I'm going to stay humble, stay low and blow like Hootie!

Now Playing: Luxurious -Gwen Stefani

No comments: