Saturday, March 04, 2006

Wake Me Up When This Is Over
I wish we could play all day in the sun, listening to the sounds of each other's heart beat in the key of G. We're so in sync. You say skate, I say when, an 80's themed party we both say "GOLD ROPE CHAINS". Damn. You are so dope. This shit's way too good to be true. So sometimes I question its sureness and sincerity. Letting old insecurities get the best of me.
I truly didn't believe you existed. The man in my dreams, the one I wrote about in the personal pages of my diary. All the things I imagined, you are. So pure, and unadulterated, in more ways than one, I am pleased to be courted and woo-ed by you.
You are the perfect scoop of ice cream. So good, indulgent, it doesn't even feel right to be partaking in such a delight...Yes, you are just like that perfect scoop of Ben & Jerry's except you don't melt away. While I know this, I'm afraid to keep eating ...scared you just might melt away. You are truly a joy and I'm trying not to treat you like "previouscats".

This doesn't even go with my flow, but i just thought you might want to know how much I like it when you sing in my ear. The warmth from your mouth feels like you put a furnace by my heart. And when we dance, I love how you come so close I feel apart of you.
We've made plans for my birthday, so that means you'll be there right? For the Kangol hats and adidas track jackets...you'll still be around? We've been planning our outfits for the end of March, talking about Harlem Nights...are you still picking me up around 7? I hope so...I surely do, because I like you, I think alot.
While it might be awhile before I'm comfortable enough to express all these things face to face, I hope my embrace lets you know how much I'm digging you. I don't want to scare you away so I'll let my eyes tell you all the things neither of us are ready to face. I want to take this as slow as possible, like that spoonful of rich and creamy ice cream, making every little bit count.
A friend noticed a new found glow I had, he thought it was one of three things: 1. good sex 2. something religious or 3. a life changing and I had to admit was was 2 of the 3. I feel like God brought you to me for a reason. No matter whether or not our courtship evolves into something more, I believe you are here to show me that I do not have to settle and a man who encompasses all the things I desire does exist and all I have to do is be patient and be the best me I can be.
All the things aside, I just wanted to make sure you know, I think you are the shit! And while I find her very intimidating and the thought of meeting her is daunting, your mother did a great job.


Now Playing: If This World Were Mine, John Legend's Version

No comments: