Wednesday, March 22, 2006

Kountdown to Kimora (Part Deaux)

All hail the Queen of Fabulosity!
I'm never one to be star-struck, because frankly I'm a star in my own damn mind, but I must say that Kimora "KLS" Lee Simmons is all that she is cracked up to be: a glamourously clad, sensible and street minded businesswoman who knows what she wants and just how to get it! After working with my WONDERFUL PR Director, Kevin, all night ( I didn't get to sleep until 4 a.m.!)to create a killer proposal for Miss Baby Phat herself, I feel vindicted for missing a few winks of beauty sleep.
Everything seemed to fall into place, I printed out my cover page, bought the plastic sheet to put the proposal in, talked to the right people, got a front row seat (thanks Monica!), and was the first student to get my copy of Fabulosity signed by Miss Fabulosity herself.
The HUB was really crowded (who knew black people read like that?), almost all of the fashion department was there (FINE ARTS!). VH1, Fox 5, WKYS 93.9, and our own WHUTV was also there in full force. You might slip and see me on your television sets on one of my personal favorite stations, VH1 on Kimora's documentary. The signing was great! I have no real complaints, except for this one girl who was standing in front of the chain and kept leaning in front of me and blocking my vision of her entourage *they are important too!* I wanted to be like my man, Maceo, and say, "hoe sit down!" but that wouldn't have been professional so i just kept hoping she would get my telepathic mind messages and catch my evil eye. Oh yea, Monica...wait your turn! When it was my turn to get my book signed, Monica was taking up all of my face time! Like "hellooooo...can I have this moment? Dag..." but lucky little me, it gave me a great opportunity to get to know her publicist Darryl, who received my proposal and commented accordingly. We'll be keeping our fingers crossed (and the blowing the shit out of their mail room and inbox!)
3 hours of sleep, 2 KLS lipglosses (different colors of course...don't play me), and after making a few key connections, I see Kimora is kool...just an around the way girl, who happens to be a beautiful amazon who writes million dollar checks! I can't wait to hear back from my new best friend Darryl.

PS: to you that was shocked to see me eating a bag of Cheetos...girl it ain't no thang! what do you mean by, "you don't seem like the type to eat Cheetos"....chile' i have no idea who you think i am...no one is too fly for a good bag of chips. after this, i'm really not sure if we can ever be close friends, i don't think i could handle the pressure of being the person you seem to think i am.

Now Playing: Perfect Situation, Weezer

3 comments:

Charreah said...

opps . . . i meant to leave a comment but I ended up sending you an email. Im still a little new at this thing. Just wanted to say (again) love the blog and you know I was rollin at the post. I knew you would come through and look fly in yo sunshine pumps after no sleep. keep me updated! oh yeah, i got some more gossip so I shall cyber you.

Charreah said...

second round of the kountdown for homekoming?

Anonymous said...

you're so GRAND yasmine! and i am very proud of you for getting out your dream. i'm sure they'll love love your proposal and keep me posted! <3