Saturday, July 21, 2007

Case of The X


So here I am. Back on my soapbox. Sitting here at work (http://www.stellableu.com be on the lookout for our new online boutique!). Bored, eating my strawberry lemon water ice from next door trying to avoid the ever dreaded brain freeze. I've been pondering this subject for a minute now, it's really been bothering me and I've been trying to figure out why. I think I've got it. They've all got one (men that is)...
"Got what?" you ask...
An Ex-girlfriend!
And I hate them all dearly.

It's just a matter of time before they rear their suprisingly beautiful head up in each and every relationship. Now, when I meet a guy and we start getting to know each other I just countdown in my head until she reveals herself because unless he's still unabashadley mourning over her - he'll try to hide the fact that she's still there. It's okay though...she'll make herself known. Unnecessary/obnoxious Myspace/Facebook posts referencing past experienes. Constant text messages. Random emails/voicemails .....She's relentless.
Every guy has one. Whether is past relationship ended good or bad, she's still there and still affects him one way or another. She's the reason he has commitment issues...she's the reason he can never spend the night...she's the reason he does this or won't do that. Its frustrating really, how this person from the past has so much precedence in his present.
What's even crazier is that while I hate ex-girlfriends....I am an ex-girlfriend. Every woman is and each of us has had a hard time letting go. We all have reaked havoc on our ex's life in some way or another...Whether we felt like he was always going to be there despite his new girlfriend, or maybe we wanted to give it another try, or we remained "friends" that make uncomfortable references in the presence of others about our past. We've all been guilty of being that blasted ex that just won't accept the fact that she is just that. An Ex.



My Love- Ciara

4 comments:

Jameil said...

i'm a pretty good ex. because i just cut you OFF!!! get thee behind me!!

shani-o said...

lol @ Jameil.

And word, Yas.

Nikita T. Mitchell said...

i guess i'm lucky because my boo has never had a "relationship" before me. It seems like he's the one who has to deal with all my ex drama *sigh* The damn boy keeps trying to show his [behind] every 5-6 months as if memories of him aren't bad enough.

Est.1988 said...

lol i love this blog it's oh so true.....by the way im not a bad ex-girlfriend lol