Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Countdown to Meltdown.



Its 80 days until Homecoming. 289 days, 19 hours, 52 minutes and 57 seconds to graduation and the pressure is ON FULL BLAST. Christmas Break my junior year my aunt tells me that my mother has asked her to begin the planning stages of my graduation party. Normally when the world party is involved I am immediately excited however, who's to say that at that point I would even graduate on time? Now, 8 months later I have the same tiny fear. Don't get me wrong, I am scheduled for an on time commencement. However there are other factors involved...well one mainly. PASSING. Normally I wouldn't be all too concerned about that because except for a math class and one physical eduation that I never (no, not even once.) attended, I've never actually failed a class. However this year I'm going up against principles of reasoning which I hear is a beast no matter who you take. Mind you I'm a pretty good writer and thinker as well so I'm not sure what's so hard about it. But I've seen the class take people in and spit them them right back out again. Plus, I have statistics too! I've got to pass...there is no room for for anything else. I have to graduate ....ON TIME or it will be the death of me. Literally.

As far as Homecoming Goes...Its like my child. Each year coming up with a concept and seeing your vision grow, change, and come alive at the end. Comprise can be so frustrating and doing the remedial tasks like drafting agreements can be annoying. But its coming up quick and no stone can be left uncovered. Oh yea, let me just say if we're ever out please don't feel obligated to introduce me as the coordinator of the Howard Homecoming Fashion Show coordinator. It's sorta' annoying. For one, most people don't care. For two, those that do care will find out on their own. For three, if I would like for them to know I'll send them my resume or bring up in natural conversation. All that other stuff is so unnecessary. I feel the same way about Delta and being at Howard for that matter. It's so corny to me to give a random person your verbal resume every single time you shake their hand. I'm really big on networking but showboating has NEVER been my steez.

I've been thinking that I could really make something of this fashion show production business. I've been getting calls lately to help out with different shows around DC and Atlanta and I'm thinking I could make this my thing. I know its sounds silly that I'm just now thinking this but there really is a market for fashion show production. I've finally what to put on my business card. I know it's a sin or whatnot to not have a business card, but I never really had the "right" title for mine. I'm getting there ya'll....all in God's timing.

Now Playing: You Must Love Me- Jay-Z

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Girl, don't sleep on Prin Of Reasoning, that was the class at Howard in the history of college that had me feeling like there was a question mark symbol on top of my head every time I left that class!! Let who ever you have know that this class is difficult and you mau need extra assistance. Try to take it in the fall as "just in case" you have to take it again.

Monet '05

Nikita T. Mitchell said...

not a countdown for graduation! I'm done in May too so i'm stealing it.. lol. And in regards to the fashion show productions, if you are any one of the brains behind the HU Homecoming Fashion show productions then there is no doubt in my mind that you have a valuable skill that could be put to good use outside of HU. Good luck

Jameil said...

do it do it do it do it.

shani-o said...

Awww man! You better WORK that Principles of Reasoning. I tried to take it soph year.... didn't quite work out. I took it senior year and got an acceptable grade, but man, that class was serious.

And I am beyond excited to see what you come up with this year... I will definitely be there. Last year's Fashion Show was my favorite of the five I've been to. Keep the fun vibe going!