Friday, July 06, 2007

Bag Brotha'

So, clearly I'm on the job being non-compliant but I'm just too excited that the Internet is finally working here that I couldn't help to update my readers on this so called fabulous life. I apologize for the delay in posts but I'm not really near a working computer regularly...its kinda messed up my cyber life but too much facebook and myspace is beginning to breed losers so I guess it's okay by me. Remember that Erykah Badu song, "Bag Lady"? She should have made a remix called, "Bag Brotha'" because all the guys I'm running into lately have soooo many hang-ups about women, girlfriends that are only part-time, or ex girlfriends that are really full time lovers. Who knew it was like this? Where was I when every other woman was figuring out that they all were the same the closer toward the end you got? Baggage is a very feminine trait ...or at least that's how I feel. What happened to other young people like myself? Carefree...easy going...not up for a lot of drama - really I just want someone that's open, easy to talk to, and attractive *too many time people try to front like they don't have to be attracted physically...well, I'll be the FIRST one to say. The brother needs to be FINE*
The more I think about it, I've always had some guy occupying my time energy. A permanent date of sorts...but now that I'm looking a little further outside my window it's looking a bit gloomy. Everyone seems to have issues surrounding them. "Oh, so and so he's a nice guy but ( Fill in the appropriate tragic downfall) " It's disturbing really...how can people so young be so filled with stress and angst. Who took their cookie? I've had my fair share of ups and downs, successes and heartbreaks ...some of which I've blogged about but never would I allow myself to be so wounded by life's hardships that I couldn't see a good thing coming. I'm definitely trying not to be one of those angry uber realist black women that think all men are either uneducated, in jail, or gay and if they're "good" then they're already taken however I'm starting think my strong black sistas *snaps* might have a point. For now though I'll continue to believe the world is my oyster and anything I desire is there for me to have ...eligible men included. After all, ignorance is bliss isn't it? Let's hope so.


Free- Mya

4 comments:

Jameil said...

i def. don't think of baggage as a feminine trait. reading most of the dudes on blogger proves that. one dude stands out in my mind as having more baggage than most women i know. but i guess you just expect men to be strong and suck that ish up!!

Charreah said...

glad you are getting back to the regular cyber life . . .and you are not allowed to be jaded before 21!!!! And more importantly, its hard to imagine but there ARE guys out here who are just like us: cool as hell, fly and wondering why the opposite sex has so many issues. You just gottat remember HU one of the top five worst places to be a single black woman:)

shani-o said...

mmm... lol at "who took their cookie"

Dopelikelouboutins said...

Ignorance is bliss, but dudes w/ emotional baggage or emotionally unstable....so not attractive. Hope you find a good one somewhere in the bunch :)