Friday, April 21, 2006


The closer I get to reaching the 'real world' the more I realize that all that I want in life may not be as easy to achieve as I once believed. While I'm so enthused to have met so many successful women in the field of journalism, I have come to the conclusion that many of those womene have no personal life. Most of them work and then come home to a New York loft apartment and an animal (cat or dog, depending on their personal preference). Besides Angela Burt-Murray, none of the women I have come encounter with have a man, children, or homes. They're all cat ladies!!!!! And I don't want that life. I want to have a husband, 2.5 kids, a white picket fence (well more like a brownstone with a picturesque stoop), and a cool job with a nice paycheck. I really want the perfect life, and I truly thought I was on the track to acquiring it, but the closer I get to leaving Howard, I realized just how hard things really are and how that man shortage everyone keeps talking about might just affect me too. I have friends from high school who are already getting married and having kids. In my mind I'm still an awkward 13 year old, but truly I'm not....I'll be 20 this year! And while I don't forsee any kind of commitment as deep as marriage for another 6 or 7 years, I am still just a wee bit concerned about obtaining the life that I have created for myself in my own mind about 10 years ago.

Now Playing: I Want You- Floetry

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Girl I so feel you. I thought I had this life thing all mapped out...there have def. been some detours, but I learned as long as I keep in mind what my end goal is, its okay to take other routes. He they may be longer but who said there is something wrong with the scenic route...STAY Encouraged!

Anonymous said...

Looks nice! Awesome content. Good job guys.
»