Wednesday, April 05, 2006

Lucky Bitch!
Actually, I'm a blessed young lady, but "lucky bitch" is what one of my friends (though I'm rethinking that one currently) referred to me as. In the span of two weeks I've been able to interview two BLACK movie directors, Chris Robinson and Nnegest Likke (thanks Jendayi:), had tons of fun with my friends, aced a midterm, gone shopping and networking in NYC, and have my family by my side rooting me on.
Though it's looking like I need to drop my Economics II course, my life has really been without fault this semester. Sure I've had major dissapointments along the way, but nothing I can't recover from.
Today I had the most inspirational conversation with one of my favorite people on Howard's campus and a personal mentor, Nicole Marie Melton. God, I love that woman! Talking to her makes you realize that you can do anything in this world and broad horizons lead to a successful life!
This weekend I'm going to Georgia, not home, but to Brunswick...a little beach town on the coast near Jacksonville, Florida. It's my father's hometown and where my paternal grandmother resides. She's turning 80! That sounds soooo old, it doesn't seem like my Grandma Winnie should even be that old. She's so young and lively...well, she is the more strict grandparent, but she still doesn't act like an old lady. My grandma is still very active in her church's woman's group, her sorority (which she has been an active, due paying member of 60 years!), and travels more than any old lady I know. Birthdays are a blessing, and I'm blessed to be able to call a woman of her caliber "Granny." No, forreal my Grandma is bad ya'll ...She was asked to start the Jack & Jill chapter in Brunswick (said she was "too" busy...forreal Grandma?)....Was invited to The Links, Inc. but refused their invitation (the members of which were all of my the other "accomplished" family members coinsedentally) because they did not allow her best friend to join. That's what I call a REAL woman...she has never allowed organizations to forget what she stands for, and while all our views aren't the exact same- that's one quality that I pray I inhereted.
I'd like to think I have, maybe that's why I'm a "lucky bitch".

Now Playing: Like a Movie- P$C (pimp squad clique) ft. Lloyd

1 comment:

Charreah said...

From one LB to another, glad to see things going so bright:)!!!