Tuesday, December 13, 2005

Even when my world is upside down
Things really couldn't be worse in some aspects of my life. I've officially lost my cellphone...it's just disappeared into the atmosphere along with alot of important numbers. Overslept and missed my economics final this morning. My father is getting sicker by the day it seems with his Multiple Sclerosis *the disease Richard Pryor just died from*. And I don't get to go home until the 22and of December for Christmas where I'll then have to turn right back around and come to DC to start back at school.
These are allllll the things I could complain about...but for some odd reason, I'm not upset. I'm not in pain, I am completely OKAY with it all. Its sooo weird that even when things seem to fall apart around me ...I am still WHOLE.
I can get a new cell phone and the numbers can be regained almost effortlessly. I will beg and plead to take my final. My father is STILL LIVING. Plus, I'm actually going home for Christmas. I learned in Sociology that the easiest way to relieve stress is cognitive restructuring...changing the way you think about something.
I'm no Bible thumper and my relationship with God can always improve but I know in His Word it says, "do all things without complaining". Thats what I plan to do because even when things seem like they can't get worse I am reminded by His Spirit that I am blessed. I don't have a want in the world, I am provided for, and life only gets better from here. You can't appreciate the sunshine if you never get rain. So I guess what I'm saying is RAIN! I can take it! I know that I am loved, I can take it. It seems as if the times when things seem to be at their breaking point is when I feel the love of God the strongest.
My mother is really beginning to get technologically saavy, which is a blessing and a curse, and her latest thing is "the e-mail"(though she doesn't know how to take the Cap Lock off). She will email me before she calls, which is hilarious. So tonight as I called her to break the news about my 2and lost phone within 3 months this is the email she sent me...
YASMINE, I CALLED AND E- MAILED TO CINGULAR TO REPORT YOUR LOST PHONE . TOMORROW CALL THE CUSTOMER SERVICE TO ARRANGE FOR A REPLACEMENT.THERE WILL BE A FEE INVOLED BECAUSE OF TWO PREVIOUS MISSING PHONE ASSSOCIATED WITH THIS ACCOUNT. THE HOUSE PHONE IS OUT OF ORDER AND I AM WAITING ON BELL SOUTH TO COME AND FIX THAT ISSUE SO YOU WIIL ONLY BE ABLE TO REACH ME BY CELL OR E- MAIL. YOUR DAD IS ALSO SICK THE VISITIHG NURSE WILL BE HERE TOMORROW TO START HIM ON HIGH DOSES OF STERIODS AND HOPEFULLY HE WILL RESPOND TO THE TREATMENT HE IS NOW UNABLE TO FEED HIMSELF HAS NO CONTROL OVER HIS BOWELS AND UNABLE TO MOVE HIMSELF.AM HOPING TO OBTAIN A HYDROLIC LIFT TO ASSIST ME IN MOVING HIM PLEASE PASS THIS INFRO. ON TO AUNT WENDY MOMMY HAS MORE LOVE FOR YOU THAN ALL THE STARS IN THE UNIVERSE AND IT RUNS AS DEEP AS THE MOON IS ROUND

The Last Sentence alone let me know that it's alllllllll good.
Now let me go to bed so I can plead for clemency with Howard's economics department early tomorrow morning.

Now Playing: "I told the storm" Greg O'Quin

1 comment:

Michael said...

You have such a great spirit. On first glance, you seem so demure; yet, entries like this prove inside you're stronger than those with the sharpest tongue. I will pray for you, Yasmine. And y'know about me and prayer...lol. Take care. :)