Monday, January 07, 2008

I AM BEGINNING TO SEE THE LIGHT...

My friend always used to call me naive and gullible. The truth is I really am. People [guys] are always innocent until proven guilty with me but I'm truly beginning to think that it should be the other way around.
Here's the breakdown:
I've heard of Summer Love and Spring Flings - but I've never in my life heard of a Winter Break Romance. I feel so bamboozled and it didn't even happen to me. Basically my friends and I are at the party and this guy starts coming on to my friend. He's being uber aggressive and she is attracted too so they exchange digits and he takes it from there. Everyday he's calling her, trying to see her, they go out on numerous dates, hugged up in the club...it was a whirlwind romance. He met her momma, her dog, and she was beginning to get used to all of this attention. Initially she had her suspicions and even asked him about his current relationships, he admitted to "talking" to some girl from another state who was away for the break but he reassured her that it wasn't anything deep enough to stop him from exploring things with her.
So they continued...
This particular friend is extremely jaded and lets almost nothing really get to her but in the span of two weeks [before Christmas and after New Year's] he had begun to break down her barriers. She was almost open - when things fell apart.
Right when she started to care he pulled the rug right from under her, saying how he "didn't mean for things to escalate" and how his "heart" is really with the chick from out of state and how they've been through so much over the past "two years" and asked if they could still "be cool". WTF?! How convienient for it to be the day before her return. I was hurt.
I know it didn't happen to me, but it's happened before and happens all too often. Sure, "at least he was honest" but let me be frank...Honesty is a b-i-t-c-h! It's like he went out of his way to play her? What's the purpose of pursuing someone so adamatly just to renig a few weeks later? I feel horrible because I was really encouraging of him. I thought he was a sincere dude [yea, he's honest but I'm not so sure about how good his intentions were] and I wanted her to let him in and let her guard down a bit. Bad advice on my part, huh? I'm so freakin' gullible. You'd think that out of all of the misadventures I've had in love that I would be at least a bit jaded. Nope, not at all...to my demise. I'm like the bird that keeps running into the glass just because it seems see through. Hitting my head and falling back everytime. I trust too easily and don't make people earn it.
I never wanted to be one of those angry [black] women who always proclaimed, "_iggas ain't s-h-i-t!" but I'm honestly beginning to feel that way. There always seems some trick around the corner of bliss.

Now Playing: He Can Only Hold Her- Amy Whinehouse

4 comments:

Michael said...

He wasn't being honest until he was compelled to --- and that was for her own benefit, not the other person. That doesn't make him a bastion of honesty in the least. Just someone who wants to save their own ass.

I like that you're an optimist. Don't become jaded. Even if the person is hurt now - and it does hurt, as I've been there - but, live and learn. I know that's a cliche, but it applies.

Nice to see you posting, love. Happy New Year to you.

P.S. @ the comment you left about Bow Wow. Me, too. Shhh.

James Tubman said...

90% of the decisions we make in life are based on our feelings

unfrotunately that's not always the best thing

sometimes we have to look at cause and effect (the consequences)

if you think this way you'll never go wrong

Mona the Face Painter said...

I just happened to stumble upon this blog. Reading your journey through life makes you appear more human to me. I agree with michael..I like that you are an optimist. You give hope to those who have given up.

Happy New Year

Rawbreed said...

This always reminds me of why I fallback and just look at the bullshit other folks go through and when it's my turn I'll know hat to look for. I mean, I'm an optimist too, but my cousin Jason used to say all the time "It's all bad". Love seems like a facade. It seems like more and more people are seeking perfection in the opposite sex. It's not going to happen. That dude is a coward and a liar. a communication breakdown occured at sometime and he decided to bail. I've heard these stories countless number of times. I told my homie K-Slay while ago that there's no real men out there. most fake, most a facade. real men have either been married already, died or have been killed, or serving major time in prison. Yes I SAID PRISON... Many Criminals are in prison, but there are some that were s imply trying to survive, or was a bystander to the actual crime and he dosent snitch, or just plain flat out falsely accused. And you know how judges bam brothas of color. Here's a good example... A dude opens a mini thrift store from an old radio shack and decides to sells and distributes bootleg movies and CDs. He has a section of his counter for customers that inquire. Some dude walks in and decides that he dosen't like the store and he dosen't like the owner and he calls a tip line for police. So the police raid this mans store and they take the man to jail and he ends up doing a year in prison for felony distribution and it was all because of this snitch. The man lost his store, his car, his house.... EVERYTHING! Now fast forward to the club scene and start your blog where "we met this guy" ...AND THAT GUY WAS THE SNITCH! ....A coward and a follower... them dudes should never be allowed to reproduce! ....good blog baby.. I'm sorry your homie had to experience that. Optimism is good because it will keep you in line for the next cat. Most of these dudes is fake, but when the real one comes???? ...u already know!