Sunday, November 11, 2007

Crash & Burn

...that's what I think of the welfare of all relationships formulated on Howard's campus have amounted to. Sure, there's the occasional one or two steady relationships that were born in Locke and bread with lunchdates in Blackburn but really people aren't trying to settle down. I remember coming up through the years and noticing as upperclassmen became seniors, they began to couple up- that is certainly not the case with the class 2008/2008.5. Last night my friends and I could barely come up with 1 couple in a serious relationship in our class. We managed to list about 3 pairs but they were all people who were relatively low key. There is no one on the Howard "scene" who's commited to just one person. There are a few that juggle a few different relationships and then some who will deny till' they die that they even are involved with anyone. I really don't understand this mentality, maybe I'm strange fruit or cut from different cloth but I just don't get how people go on with all of these fruitless relationships. I wonder which ones of us will be the one to say, "oh yes, me and ________ met at Howard and ended up getting married." I'm not salty, I promise, I just am curious to know where has the sincerity gone?


In other news, since I have no love life of which to speak - I have thrown myself into my career (or building one for myself anyway). Please check out my new Myspace page... http://www.myspace.com/yasmineharema


Now Playing: anything J*Davey

2 comments:

bobbyandwhitney said...

Same thoughts here yaz. its a sad fucking reality

Anonymous said...

So...I'm more than a little ashamed to say that this is the first time I've got a chance to read your blog in a very long time. *sigh*. But I'm glad I'm getting to it now. It's a great read :). This one is my favorite. and you know that i know that you know why...

S.S.