Monday, November 26, 2007

Home Is Where The Heart Is 
So I went home for the Thanksgiving Holiday and I got a big dose of reality. It's something so humbling about going home, no one treating you any different because of your accomplishments, your mom making you go to the grocery store and cooking
 dinner when all you want to do is go to Little 5 
Points...Having to watch and entertain your younger family members...taking your sister and cousin to see Chris Brown in This Christmas even though the movie sucked ass and you were really trying to get up with your "at hom
e boo".  This Thanksgiving was straight out of Southern Living or some movie, we had everything from Kim's Broccoli and Wild Rice Casserole to my mom's famous Cajun Turkey with shrimp stuffing, Granny's Greens, Dad's Tofurkey and soooo much more. This was the most culinarily (I don't think that's a word but whatev) diverse Thanksgiving ever...we had tofu, turkey, beef, seafood and every side imaginable. My mom made everyone write down what we
 were thankful for and before we had our toast everyone read a card...it was actual very moving. 
Like we do every year, we went to the Bayou Classic in New Orleans. This year was definitely the best yet! Last year, I was running from Delta's down there like the plague and this year I was one! It was
 great...and I'm finally 21 (not like
 that stops most people) but I could do anything and go anywhere. Having a legal i.d. is like a license to kill and I definitely did that. Daiquiris
...Hand Grenades...Red Headed Sluts (shouts out to JP!) ....I loved every second of this break! I love my family, my sorority sisters, and my friends! 
Now Reading: Hung by Scott Poulson-Bryant

3 comments:

Est.1988 said...

aww sounds like you had a great thanksgiving, i actually went well i stayed in maryland lol went ova grandma's had cajun fried turkey greens and all that....went to see this christmas but i couldnt tell you wat the movie was about because i was too busy staring at chris brown and when he wasnt on the screen i was busy texting lol
anyhoo im glad you had a good thanksgiving.

James Tubman said...

you have a rich life and i'm sure you know it

you should be thankful for having a loving family like the one you have

peace

James Tubman said...

you have a rich life and i'm sure you know it

you should be thankful for having a loving family like the one you have

peace