Wednesday, June 13, 2007

THE HONESTY BOX!
So about this "Honesty Box" phenom that has hit the world wide pages of Facebook. So far my appeal rate is 60/40. Sixty percent of people love me to pieces and the other forty percent are haters. Well, you can't please all the people, all the time now can you? In some ways I feel like the Honesty Box has taken the responsibility away from people. It's like you can just say whatever you feel without the repercussions of a reaction [unless of course like me you tell an old partner their stamina, or lack thereof, threw their entire stroke game off and they knew it was you so they wrote something smart in your box too]. After that incident I vowed to just be a positive force in the Honesty Box world, if I'd be ashame to admit to my remarks then I won't make them. Simple as pie.

The Honesty Box has begun to turn some wheels in my brain though...like, "what if I'm not really as cute/fly/smart/perfect as I think I am?" This is not just a personal thought though, it's more like we all pretty much think we're young, attractive, well liked and represented forces in our environments... but what if that wasn't so. It had me thinking, maybe people don't like me for my looks. Am I one of those people who when asked about people answer, "well, she's a really sweet girl." Actually they probably don't say that either because from what I'm seeing I'm not all that sweet. [ I take that back one person encouraged me to "STAY SWEET"]

The Honesty Box hasn't crushed my esteem but moreso made me be a realist in terms of coming to grips with how people truly view me and for that, I thank the makers of the Honesty Box. However, I do want to say one thing.... Fuck haters...GET MONEY! lmao.
What are your views?
Now Playing: Mo' Money More Problems - Notorious BIG

3 comments:

Jameil said...

hmm... i'm not on facebook but i'm sure i would get some funky stuff. i'm very realistic about who i am, tho. i can be a bit stanky and hey whatev! everyone needs a realist in their lives. one time, this girl told me some girl said to her (about me), "she's so nice." i fell out laughing!! i said, "are you sure she meant me????" so funny. lmao @tellin the old partner. he needed to know.

SouLBoutiQue said...

Oh the Honesty Box. It is the best thing ever, because in my sense i know who almost everyone who writes everything in my box. because it tells if its a girl or boy...or they confess. I'm a complex person and no one person knows all of me...so my comments are various..I'm evil, i'm sweet, i'm funny, i'm arrogant, i'm talented..mostly good though! but who cares...at the end of the day i'm me. and take it or leave it, i'm not here to please ANYBODY!!!! and soon we'll be able to reply....lmao! good read Yasmin...
SB

Charreah said...

see, you're way ahead of me Yaz. I punked out on the Honesty Box and told myself I dont want to know. But whether you have the box or not people still have the same feelings . . .now they just are letting you know. That's balls to even put the box to find out. I think I just might get the nerve to do it . . . AND WE STILL HAVE TO CATCH UP:)!!!!!!!