Wednesday, April 25, 2007

My Thoughts of Late on Twiddling My Thumbs

No, I'm not literally twindling my thumbs but I am in my mind. I've accomplished all my goals while at Howard with a year to spare! What am I to do now? What more to conquer?

I have done it ALL

Excelled in my major (check)
Basically ran shit (check check and check -see resume)
Had my own Girl Scout Troop, yes that was a goal (check)
Did THE Fashion Show (Homecoming - the one that matters most, let's not pretend) (Check 2x -I'm doing it again in 07')
Pledged the most revered woman's organization not only on campus but in the world (DELTA...really sounds good to me:) (CHECK!)

So now...The question is - what to strive for now? I tried striving for a bomb internship in New York and came a day late and a dollar short. You know what...I think that's it. Turn my collegiate success into my life's success. I guess I've conquered everything at Howard- now the record has begun to skip. Only thing left to do on campus is to be the best student, friend, and Delta I can be and to strive for that which is HIGHER than whatever there is to do here at Howard. This time next year I'll be saying my good-bye's to good ole' HU without any regrets. Whatever I wanted- I went for it despite whether the odds were for or against me. I wouldn't change anything about my matriculation through The Hilltop. It's been a looooooooooooooong time coming (or so it seemed when I was on my way) and know I've finally reached the point where I can say "ahhhhh"- I have arrived! Now let's just make sure this fashion show is HAUTE and this is the best year ever for Alpha Chapter.

Now Playing: Teach Me- Musiq

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

check check and check...
i think your college career is the draft of a fine-tuned blue print for the rest of your life; finding a goal, facing the challenge head on and acheiving. it takes a special person to do it and remain a lady and friend. nad...i'm sure your latest achievement will take you to even greater heights...and...i can't wait to see it all unfold.

Anonymous said...

This is only the first step. we must keep striving!

there where a lot of things i wanted to do at HU but life had other plans and i am all the better for that!

whatever you do next year (or the year after that or the year after that) the most important thing is to live a life that is AUTHENTIC which you do anyway). dont waste a moment because the moments make it great.

thats all the advice i can give as a GRADUATING SENIOR!!!! (lol)