Sunday, January 21, 2007

My Thoughts of Late on Friendship, Inspiration, My Vow to Blog More Often, and Being a True to Life Good Girl :)
(Current State: stuck in the snow at my aunt's, deep in the burbs of D.C. (mitchelleville/bowie if you cared to know) - mind you she has 335i BMW Coupe that she swears does not work in the snow ...maybe if I had something to do in the morning I'd be upset but la vie es belle so I don't and I am sucking up all this bougie Prince George's county air and chalking up the fully stocked fridge, lush beds, and jacuzzi for what it's worth!Now on to what I'm actually supposed to be writing about...)

I'm horrible at making friends. That's a God-honest fact! In most cases I'm super reserved around new faces, I'm almost terrified of strangers, and I'm not always the most friendly nor the most open person. However, for some strange reason I have my fair share of really great friends. I don't mean the kind of friends that come and go as they please but I have some true blue...super trooper type crew...It's mind blowing to think about. With many friends comes many personalities- and with people come flaws- flaws that I'm beginning to notice and having to deal with. Sounds crazy I know...silly even but it always suprising me when I discover my friend's tragic flaws. I recently inducted new friends into my circle (most friends I've had for over 5 years), and for the past 6 mos. they're flaws have gone virtually unnoticed.

...Now, I can't say the same. Though, when you're attached at the hip with someone...always being associated with that same one...and also always have people talk about how close you are (whether they know or they think they know ...) it becomes alot to handle. It's a lethal overdose for even the best of friendships. Now I've found myself backing away from my friend and taking it in like a super hot cup of cocoa...being careful not to burn myself or her with the nerves that she can really pluck.
Are girlfriends becoming the new boyfriends? Should we keep our friendships on the low just so people don't pre-label what we are? Am I horrible for shying away from the term bestfriend, even though I love the person dearly and hang out ALOT with them? Am I THE ONE AFRAID OF COMMITMENT? Idunno...you tell me.

But here's one think I do know, I'm gonna keep juggling friends like clowns juggle bowling pins. I'm definitely a Girl Scout at heart I "make new friends but keep the old...one is silver and the other's gold" ...I'm just not up for promoting someone from silver to gold before they've faired their time.


In other news. I've been feeling so inspired lately...I'm thinking it has something to do with my Fashion Illustration II class. Professor Vernon really knows how to pull out my creative side and charges me to dig deep to find out what and who I'm all about. I love it and I can't wait to live the colors I see in my mind out in life. The people around me have been a true source of inspiration as well...everyone is hustling their prospective mojos and it's a beautiful thing. Soon you all will see...I've got something brewing in my pot (just ask Farren Hinton:)

About blogging. Some people blog waaaaaaaaay too fucking much in my opinion. How do you have time to live life if you're always on the damn internet? What do you truly have to write about? I'd rather write less with more substance than write everyday and have my ramblings loose it's appeal. I'd like to think of my posts as something similar to The Charlie Brown Christmas Special (someone please remind me who I was talking to when I said this silly shit and remind me why it was soooo hilarious) ...see, the reason it's so great to watch is because it doesn't come on that often. My blog is appealing is because there is an anticipation that comes along with waiting on a new post. I'm not saying I intentionally go great legnths of time without blogging...but what I am saying is I'm busy living life in 3D. And nothign can replace that. Though, I do like to please others so I do plan on writing a bit more in this new year. HAPPY NOW?

The other night I was talking to one of my most in'sync guy friends and he was reading me my sexology (I'm a virgo) and it was talking about how the virgo woman, me in this case, is a true good girl- no matter how hard she fights to dispell the myth. While I was a bit uncertain of the validity of the book's claims ...I'm certain now.
Your Deadly Sins
Envy: 40%
Sloth: 40%
Pride: 20%
Gluttony: 0%
Greed: 0%
Lust: 0%
Wrath: 0%
Chance You'll Go to Hell: 14%
You will die at the hands of a jealous lover. How ironic.


Only a 14% chance of going to hell? I'm an ANGEL!


Now Playing: Dreamgirls- The Dreams (Dreamgirls OST)

6 comments:

Unknown said...

You will not going to Hell if you accepted Lord Jesus.Everyone has the sin when we were born.But the blood of Lord let us sin to disappear when we were be a Christian.God be with you!!!

Sister Toldja said...

I have never seen this "wealthiest Black county in the nation" side of PG yet. Alls I've seen is my 'hood ass 'hood. And it's a big YAWN!

I may be one of those folks who 'blogs too much', LOL. But I do it to force myself to get writing practice in (almost) everyday. Plus, it takes me very little time to write most of my entries. But I feel you, some people be giving thesis statements every day!

Anonymously, Me. said...

uhhhh thanks "shawn" for that. please understand that the quiz part is just for entertainment purposes ONLY! in other words...just for kicks and giggles. I KNOW I'm not going to hell

Michael said...

Are girlfriends becoming the new boyfriends? Should we keep our friendships on the low just so people don't pre-label what we are? Am I horrible for shying away from the term bestfriend, even though I love the person dearly and hang out ALOT with them? Am I THE ONE AFRAID OF COMMITMENT? Idunno...you tell me.

How Carrie Bradshaw of you? Hehe.

shani-o said...

I was gonna say the same thing as Mike. But you do pose a valid question. Of course, it becomes sort of moot the SECOND you graduate.

Anonymous said...

I totally can relate to your posed question...Are girlfriends becoming the new boyfriends? Though I do not have an exact answer, I would have to say it’s looking that way. Always being associated with that same person as though you are not your separate entity can sometime be beyond frustrating. I have approached this issue in many ways to no avail...but if ever u find the answer let me KNOW!!!