Friday, December 05, 2008

Once a Cheat, Always a Cheat...

...right? I for one believe so but hope not. If so, we're all doomed!!! In the span of 3 days I've heard numerous horror stories how of men have betrayed the trust [and satisfied the suspicsion for some] of their significant others with infidelity. One has had two year bicoastal affair for , one cheated with his so called "best friend", and another simply cheated habitually without regard. When I asked one of my friends why he cheated on his girlfriend he replied, "I was just going through things" - what kind of things would make you cheat? One guy I dated admitted to me after 5 months of casually dating that he had a girlfriend...in the middle of trying to get with me. How could you go that long without saying something? Without her saying something? He and I were not serious but we were involved and it made me furious because I pride myself on not coming in between anyone's relationship. When I reacted to his confession he replied, "you act like I'm married." That's a statement I feel a lot of men agree with. That if you're not married then cheating is non existant or it's not a big deal. My definition of cheating is defying anything that goes outside of the parameters of the your established relationship rules. When I sit and think about all the men that have ever cheated - I feel an amazing gape in my cardiovascular cavity. Almost every man has done it- known and unknown. From Presidents like John F. Kennedy and Bill Clinton to civil saints like Martin Luther King Jr and modern day dieties like the Honorable Elijah Muhammad. It's truly sickening and disheartening to believe that fidelty cannot be achieved.
I'm at a point in my life where I allow people to be who they are, stay in their lane, and to place themselves where they should be in my life. If you're friend is selfish and never likes to go out but loves to have potlucks and sleepovers- stop inviting that friend to go to the club with you all the time, don't call her unless you feel like picking her up and not getting any gas money for going 30 minutes out of your way. Sure, that's extreme but know who you're dealing with and don't expect people to change just because you find faults with them. Let people be who they are and there will be a lot less stress in your life- I promise. Not to say you have to deal with their character flaws but just accept the fact that they have them. That new found revelation has led me to believe that 98% of the time if a man cheats once he'll cheat again not necessarily because he doesn't love you but because he is simply a cheater.
PS: not to make light of my sentiments but I included a snippet of the ever humorous t.v. show Cheaters

Now Playing: Something You Forgot - Lil Wayne

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

good one...honestly i'm still battling with how i feel though...Somethings gott give in order for this think called life to work though.Divorce rates are also at an all-time high, so the comment the dude made, isnt even valid....i wont continue my thoughts cus it aint my blog but somethin a little controversial is what i feel will work

Anonymous said...

For me I basically dont get that attached!!

i've never trully been hurt b 4

wont allow myself
10:22pmYasmine

i've learned that in recent months

i though it would be some profound undiscovered notion

lol


10:23pmShakuwra

i dont hate on the game non of that
10:24pmYasmine

idk bout all that

but i just don't put anything past niggas
10:24pmShakuwra

"u do u" my motto and WHEN 9 cause they always do!) u get caught holla!
10:24pmYasmine

lol
10:25pmShakuwra

2 cute to go through the drama unless u sitten on stacks then i met let u think u cheatin... get the money and have me a nigga on the side:)

example Shaq wife lol

kobe wife wit the 3 million dollar apology ring
10:26pmYasmine

truuue
10:26pmShakuwra

10:27pmShakuwra

oh and 4 the women who really just dont want there man 2 cheat trully look 4 one who wont!!!
10:27pmYasmine


10:27pmShakuwra

example! listen and look for wut your attracted 2
10:27pmYasmine

10:28pmShakuwra

if a man tells u he been fuckin since 12 then wut makes u think he gonna stop at u!

10:29pmYasmine

true

10:29pmShakuwra

bitches ( i use that loosley) always lookin for the fine playa shamar , Ti , Puffy pretty lookin ones at the club n shit and then get mad when he cheat!??

not that all fine niggas cheat cause ugly ones do too lol

but u just gotta know the man u dealin wit and most women dont want to think about like that! Girl i could go on 4 days!!


true i agree