Wednesday, May 09, 2007

EVIAN, PLEASE?!

I should be packing my life away right now but the fact of the matter is that I'm not because I felt as though I needed to pause for the cause and talk about the things that are really making me say, "wow". I got an invitation (Facebook invite on at that, I know it's convienient but Hallmark is always the classy way to go) to a baby shower to a girl who I, one haven't seen in over a year, didn't know was pregnant, nor married. Ain't that a trip?! I've written on her wall inquiring her whereabouts and a whole year of being missing in action she pops up not only with a husband, or at least I think she's married I haven't seen no wedding pictures or anything but I'm trusting that she's sincerely married and not bs-ing as people do on le' Facebook, but a bun in the oven! Should I just start drinking Deer Park and Dasani? It really seems like this pregnancy thing is in the tap! Everyone knows I CAN'T WAIT to have kids but damn I don't know about right now...I'm trying to have my house, 2 car garage, husband and everything before I start my family. I definitely respect those of my friends who have decided to step up to the plate and take care of their responsibility but it seems like a lot of people are being irresponsible in the bedroom these days. My mother always told me that people in college would come and go if not because of money, because of babies. I must say as a rising senior- it is certainly true. When I think about it most of our parents had us when they were in their early 20's and all of my friends are in their early 20's. I just guess it's just weird that we're at the age where we're mommies and daddies and doing just what our parents did. My first instinct is to react as if it's *gasp* "teen pregnancy"...but truthfully it's not. We're adults now whether we realize it or not. Having a kid is on hell of a reality check! One new life I am excited about is ZOE AMARIS! She's gonna be the shit...


Now Playing: Charlene- Anthony Hamilton

2 comments:

Jameil said...

girl. all the female talent on the morning show is or has been pregnant in the last year. WHOA! its gonna start spreadin to the rest of the station before long. there's already a girl in programming. i stopped drinking the water at work J.I.C.

Anonymous said...

lol. i know who youre talking about and if i'm not mistaken, i believe they are really married. i think i know her husband too. small small world...well...city.

and even though its not technically "teen pregnancy", we're still young girl! my mama washed my clothes just yesterday...no forreal...like--yesterday. lol

i still feel like a child sometimes trying to make a 9 month transition so that i can raise my child in the correct way. God has a funny sense of humor. :) but im excited about Zoe too. 1,245 days to go. (or it feels like it) lol <3