Sunday, December 10, 2006



My Thoughts of Late on Becoming a "Sta-ra!"
Google me, no really....Google me! "Yasmine Parrish" just type it into any "Google" toolbar and see what comes up!
Among other things, here's what I see when I search me....
"
Related: What Football Game? - washingtonpost.comRelated Subjects: Atlanta · Sean Combs · Ludacris · Yasmine Parrish · Stasia Barrett · Toni Morrison · Justin Timberlake · Thurgood Marshall · Ice Cube ..."
It seems as if the things are really looking up for this mini fashionista from the ATL! Until just now I realized that I AM one of those people with an enviable resumes. While I am certainly proud of my work with the Homecoming Fashion Show, I don't believe that I have come to terms with how continuously profitable, monetary and otherwise, my labor can be if I milk it the right way. Who knew it was such a huge deal?
It is funny my good friend, M.D. Batts, always says that "people know who you are, you have one of those names ....you say 'Yasmine' and everyone knows the short thick girl who runs everything on campus that has anything to do with fashion."
People say I had some kissing my ass but truthfully when I look back I don't see it. I just remember the hard work I put in and all those people who helped me get the job done. I guess God put blinders on my head. I really don't feel like I've done anything should make me arrogant or uppity in anyway because at then end of the day I'm just a college student who dreams of splendor and glam post grad.
However, one thing I am proud of is my work ethic and hustle mode both of which I know I get from my momma!
Anyways, hopefully this new found pseudo stardom will put me one step closer to getting Bobby Valentino to be my boyfriend...No, seriously: he's cute, funny, classic Atlanta, and is on the come up!(a whole nother blogworthy topic in itself)
Until then...hustlin' real hard
-"Yasmine."


Now Playing: Hollywood- Sa-Ra

1 comment:

Charreah said...

luv u and this post . . .but Bobby Valentino is waaayyy wack. trust:).