Wednesday, September 13, 2006

Since I Have Some Time To Spare
Okay, it's official...ya' girl has hit it big time!
People left and right have been telling me they heard MY NAME on the radio (thanks Dom!). Tickets have just gone on sale for my first show and I'm too excited now. My vision is really coming to life. My mother just bought 20 tickets (well, she really only bought 10...I gave her the other half) to my first show JUST so that all of my family and friends could be there from DC and Atlanta. I've got my models...the designers are all falling in line...and I just feel like something good is just around the corner. If you've been around me for the past 5 months or so, you know that I have not been overly excited about the fashion show...not that I wasn't happy that I was blessed with the opportunity but I was knee deep in mud and deadlines...don't get me wrong...I still am knee deep in mud and deadlines except for now I can see the other side of the river, the light at the end of the tunnel, the show in a mere 29 days.
To see people lined up just to buy tickets to MY production almost had me in tears, I feel so humbled and for the most part have forgotten that3,000 people will be there to witness MY brainchild. The concepts and ideas that I wrote and thought out and rewrote again. It's a crazy thing.
Twisted: A Midsummer Night's Dream
2006 Howard University Homecoming Fashion Show
Fashion Show I & II
October 12, 2006
7:00, 10:00pm
DON'T MISS IT!

1 comment:

Charreah said...

Congrats and can't way to see the show cuz I know it's gonna be fabulous! And I felt that last post a little too much. You can't go to the top of a mountain and still have room for everybody like there was at the bottom. No apologies for being the shit;)!!!