Friday, November 03, 2006



My Thoughts of Late on the "It's Complicated" Status

Surely, there are better things that I could be doing with my time than taking this 15 minute break but fuck the practical, my mind needs a release. Lately, among other things, I've really been dwelling over the relationship status "It's Complicated" on Facebook and whether or not we should really be putting that out there for the public eye. While I understand most of us live in gray areas in our various relationships but should we really give the gray area a term or hold our ground and fight for the black and white? Or...is "it's complicated" a fair place to be just like single, in a relationship, engaged, or married (giving no credance to "in an open relationship"...now that's just bull). Has "it's complicated" become the symbolic "third gender" (ie the eunuchs of India) of relationship statuses? Has it become an alright place to be?
Now, I don't say this because I'm anti-"it's complicated" relationships because I'm far from being a stranger of them but as a person who has never really posted a relationship status at all whether I am in one or not or in between I figured I'd leave people to ponder for themselves and not give them anything to talk about. I hate seeing people go from "single" one day, "married" the next, all the way back to "it's complicated"...I mean the world shouldn't be exposed to the ups and downs of your encounters. Why put your business out there unnecessarily, especially if it's an unstable relationship.
Now, as I stated before I'm no stranger to "complicated" situations...(ie I know this guy whose loved by this girl but won't be with her and doesn't want anyone else to be with her and befriends guys that try and turn them away from her) but I dont just don't think the rest of the world has to know.
Just my thoughts...
Now Playing: Bad Habit- Destiny's Child

1 comment:

Accidental_Diva said...

you have no idea how much i understand...actually you do :-\
"its complicated" is just an excuse that people put up with because we are young and for some reason commitment is a foe of ours for this reason. I'm over the "its complicated" days of my life